OWL is here to support your teaching and learning journey in remote learning. OWL will provide proficiency-based, interactive, student-directed lesson plans that will provide structure, while simultaneously providing options for an organic flow to content and student interaction. Teachers can adapt and combine these plans as needed to create responsive content.
This week, students grow in understanding and appreciating each other’s perspectives. Through optical illusions, students understand how people see things differently. Using different auditory teasers, students create polls to appreciate how people hear different words from the same clips. Investigating facial features allows students to discover what emotions we can and cannot see on other’s faces, and students play through community building to hear other’s strategies for success.
These flexible plans include:
- A daily goal connected to the ACTFL Can Do Statements and OWL Values
- Prompts and questions at the appropriate ACTFL level for your students
- Practical activities at the level you desire, with tips to keep students engaged through OWL’s PPATH structure
- AP Themes infused into lesson plans
- Focus on Equity, Social Justice and Antiracist Work
- Social Emotional Learning activities to stay connected to the whole child
- Specialized Teacher Tips connected to OWL Values or Best Practices
- Integration of the Curriculum Triangle through Global Perspectives