OWL is here to support your teaching and learning journey in remote learning. OWL will provide proficiency-based, interactive, student-directed lesson plans that will provide structure, while simultaneously providing options for an organic flow to content and student interaction. Teachers can adapt and combine these plans as needed to create responsive content.
This week students explore Essential Workers. Students define essential workers through community building strategies, understanding essential workers through authentic resources, express gratitude to essential workers, and create a service project.
These flexible plans include:
- A daily goal connected to the ACTFL Can Do Statements and OWL Values
- Prompts and questions at the appropriate ACTFL level for your students
- Practical activities at the level you desire, with tips to keep students engaged through OWL’s PPATH structure
- AP Themes infused into lesson plans
- Focus on Equity, Social Justice and Antiracist Work
- Social Emotional Learning activities to stay connected to the whole child
- Specialized Teacher Tips connected to OWL Values or Best Practices
- Integration of the Curriculum Triangle through Global Perspectives