Are you wondering how to create an engaging, proficiency-based virtual environment? Join this powerful one-day training where you will experience the techniques to effectively build community, stay in the target language and provide structure that still allows students to guide the learning. You will come together with a nationwide community that encourages participants to engage in collaboration both during and outside of session times. Come see how to connect with your students and feel confident in the language acquisition journey.
- Methods for creating a positive virtual community
- Techniques for high student engagement
- Exploration of the 100% second language environment
- Strategies for eliciting student production
Proficiency & Virtual Engagement Strategies includes:
- All online materials: videos & an over 30 page digital workbook full of content and strategies.
- Access to four Live Webinars with inspiring and informative facilitators
All sessions are one hour- Times listed in Pacific Standard Time. Click here for a schedule for your time zone!
|8:00 am – 9:00 am||Community Building and Introduction to OWL Values: Modeling How to Establish Virtual Community|
|9:30 am -10:30 am||Proficiency Foundation for Virtual Learning|
|11:00 am – 12:00 pm||Virtual Engagement Strategies: Experience OWL Circles Online at Novice / Upper Novice to Low Intermediate / Mid Intermediate to Advanced Levels|
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Classroom Application|
Frequently Asked Questions
If I live internationally, can I participate?
- Yes! Webinars will be recorded for your perusal if you cannot make it due to the hours. With questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I cannot attend a live session, will I be able to experience the virtual training?
- Yes! All live webinars will be recorded for your perusal when is convenient for you. Be sure to register with video access.
- January 30, 2021
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Venue: OWL Online- Single Session
OWL hosts live webinars daily using Zoom as our platform. Zoom can be accessed on a computer or mobile app so you may access wherever you may be!
A welcome email with a Zoom link for your specific event will be sent to you within 24 hours of the live event.
Can’t make a live webinar? OWL records all sessions, and are made available 48 hours post session with a registration that includes access to recorded sessions.
Questions on Zoom? Connect with us at (541) 690-8038 for additional help!