Learn how to create a kinesthetic, student- centered, proficiency-based classroom. This workshop explores how understanding National Standards and proficiency-based instruction strategies can create an interactive, student-centered classroom.
- Application of State &National Standards
- Strategies for eliciting student production
- Techniques for high student engagement
- Exploration of the 100% second language environment
OWL1 Foundations- What is Second Language Acquisition research and how does that apply to the classroom? This workshop includes activities with students from the host school and directly addresses teacher confidence in an immersion classroom. This session includes activities designed around building a strong sense of community and solidarity, creating curriculum based off of the student, and language levels.
- July 18, 2019 - July 19, 2019
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Venue Phone: 479-267-7450Address: