The key to cooperation? Connection. Through the implementation of positive parenting and teaching strategies, parents and teachers will learn how to get better results by shifting their focus from compliance to relationship building, engagement, and life long skills.
Join us January 26, 2021 at 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Educators and parents, this free online workshop is for you if you are a:
- Parent looking for a new way to address their ongoing parenting challenges
- School or educator looking to implement new engagement activities
- School or teacher looking for parent resources for their families
- PTA members, school administrators and teachers interested in bringing dynamic teacher training to their school
Founders Janell Bitton from Parent2Parent and Darcy Rogers from Organic World Language (OWL) have teamed up to do a 2-part presentation on how to build connection and increase cooperation in both the home and in the classroom. Traditional parenting and teaching strategies are focused on compliance, where the skills Janell and Darcy teach are rooted in connection, respect and teaching important life skills.
Parents and teachers are invited to attend one or both sessions, and we encourage you to join us for both segments, as you will learn valuable tools in both.
Part 1: Hosted by OWL
6:00pm – 7:00pm PST
- Learn how to build positive community and relationships
- Experience strategies to improve engagement and student voice in class
- Leave with techniques and activities to use with students right away
Part 2: Hosted by Parent2Parent
7:00pm – 8:00pm PST
- Learn why rewards and punishments don’t work and what to do instead
- Experience first-hand new ways to effectively communicate with kids
- Take home a handy self-regulation tool for adults and children
It takes a village to raise kids. When parents and educators work together, children thrive.
Cost: Free to attend live. Participants will receive an email with the zoom link 24-48 hours prior to the event.
VIP option Package: $18
In addition to the free live workshop, you will receive:
- Access to the live workshop recording! Watch and rewatch the information-packed workshop at your convenience for an entire week
- Receive PDF handouts from both presentations
- Automatic entries into the VIP raffle! (Prizes include one-on-one consultations from OWL and Parent2Parent, children’s books and more!)
- VIP-only discount for next co-sponsored class
About Your Hosts:
Janell Bitton, Owner – Parent2Parent Coaching & Education
Janell Bitton is a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and Parent Coach. Janell empowers parents to create more peace at home and increase cooperation by helping parents make the shift from authoritarian parenting to a more effective, non-punitive parenting style. Parents how to identify what is driving their child’s misbehavior and how to respond in ways that build connection and teach important life skills such as problem solving, communication and emotional regulation.
Parent2Parent provides parent education and support through 1:1 coaching, workshops and an online membership parenting community. For more information go to: www.parent2parentcoaching.com.
Darcy Rogers, Executive Director – Organic World Language (OWL)
Darcy is the Founder of Organic World Language (OWL), and began developing the methodology in 2003. Her work is based on second language acquisition research, student motivation, and best teaching practices. Focusing on creating a space for second language to be naturally acquired, she believes in placing emphasis on students developing language through movement, social interaction, play and 100% immersion. The key element is the importance of creating community in the classroom while putting the student in the center as the curriculum. Darcy received her Bachelors in Spanish and Education from Western Oregon University and her Masters in Spanish Literature from University of Northern Iowa, Tec de Monterrey en Querétaro, México. She has 14 years teaching experience and since 2011 has been presenting at national conferences and working with schools to implement OWL internationally.
OWL provides in-person and online trainings, resources, and personalized coaching and mentoring. Bring us to your school or join any one of our OWL sponsored events. Check out our Upcoming Events to see where you can get plugged in. Take a look at our Shop to access quality Resources that will support you in creating a student-directed, highly engaging learning space.
- January 26, 2022
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM