Learn how to create a kinesthetic, student- centered, proficiency-based classroom. This workshop explores how understanding National Standards and proficiency-based instruction strategies can create an interactive, student-centered classroom.
- Application of State &National Standards
- Strategies for eliciting student production
- Techniques for high student engagement
- Exploration of the 100% second language environment
OWL1 Foundations- What is Second Language Acquisition research and how does that apply to the classroom? This workshop includes activities with students from the host school and directly addresses teacher confidence in an immersion classroom. This session includes activities designed around building a strong sense of community and solidarity, creating curriculum based off of the student, and language levels.
OWL1 Application – How can OWL be implemented in line with the current program? What tools, strategies, and techniques can be incorporated? The focus is on seamlessly integrating authentic reading and writing and communication into the planning, activities and assessment of a classroom.
- Prior to two weeks: 75% refund
- Two weeks before the workshop: 50% refund
- One week before the workshop: 25%
- Less than one week: No refund
- November 2, 2018 - November 3, 2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: The American School in Japan