Host an OWL Workshop at your School! Fill out our OWL Services Request.
Join the transformative experience of a dynamic, high-energy workshop where concepts are applied through interactive, hands-on activities and collaborations
Thank you for your interest in hosting an OWL Workshop! Our purpose is to create a sustainable professional development partnership with you and your program to provide training, resources and support on the journey towards best practices.
OWL workshops are anchored around four Cornerstone Values:
- Equity & Relationships
We offer the following trainings. See our Workshop page for the training sequence.
- 1 day training
- 2 day training
- 3 day training
- *1/2 day training on request
Our techniques and strategies allow students to guide their learning and become active participants and leaders. By creating an immersive space for acquisition, students build relationships with others and an identity in the target language. They establish life-long learning skills while growing in their language, and understanding their connection to the world around them. We explore the vital role that literacy plays in language development as students interact with both their peers and the text.
We prefer hosting workshops at schools in order to work directly with students and provide two different demos – one at the novice level, and the other at the intermediate level. Teachers see the strategies in action with students who are known or new to them, allowing for more in-depth collaboration about and understanding of the techniques.
To bring us to you, fill out the Services Request form and tell us what you are looking for. We offer both virtual and in-person trainings.
In person trainings:
- One day, two-day, or three-day options
- Department or District Implementation
- Program Analysis
- Virtual Support – 5, 10 or 15 one-hour sessions
- One hour, half-day and full-day Virtual training options
- Customized Online Implementation
For departments & districts, we offer one to eight year comprehensive plans that can be implemented in line with your budget and time frame. We do not believe in one-stop professional development. Our intent is to create a sustainable professional development partnership with you and your program to provide the best possible support as you continue your journey towards best practices.
OWL workshops reflect the values of student-centered classrooms and high engagement. Students feel empowered to guide their learning and become active participants and leaders. By building community in a proficiency-based environment, students move forward in their language as teachers create spaces for acquisition. We explore the vital role that literacy plays in language development as students learn to interact with both their peers and the text.
- OWL provides workshop training materials.
- Demos with students can be included in the training.
- The hosting school will provide a space to accommodate the number of participants.
- The hosting school incurs travel and lodging expenses.
- OWL and the hosting school will work together to promote the workshop in the surrounding area (unless the workshop is a closed event).
- The registration fee is waived for the hosting teacher who works with an OWL Consultant to organize the workshop.
- The fee varies depending on length of workshop and number of participants. Please let us know your needs in the Services Request.
- Participants will receive 12-14 hours of PD credit, depending on workshop hours.
- Participants will have the option of receiving one college credit through Southern Oregon University to be applied towards re-licensure for an additional cost of $100 dollars.
- Registration is through a link on the OWL website, where participants can register and pay. Participants can pay through PayPal, PO or check.
We thank you for wanting to transform language education and put the focus on our students’ learning. We look forward to working with you, your school and your students!
If you are interested in a specific training with just your school or department, please visit either our Program Analysis page or our Department or District Implementation page.
Contact information: Please fill out our OWL Services Request. You can contact us directly at [email protected] or 541-690-8038 to inquire about specific options. We look forward to being on this journey with you!