East Coast Bootcamp is August 5-9, 2024 in Milford, MA (right outside of Boston, MA). Come join the collaboration and fun! East Coast Bootcamp is a time to make invaluable connections with other educators across the country, learn incredible new strategies and grow in your classroom facilitation at your pace. We will spend an entire week together sharing OWL best practices for a proficiency-based and student directed classroom. The OWL Four Values of Equity & Relationships, Proficiency, Engagement and Empowerment are infused into each day. The week focuses on Social and Emotional Learning practices, strategies for high engagement and ways to empower our students. You will leave with individual, regional and national level support, making meaningful connections that will last far beyond the week!
To ensure all participants health and safety during this opportunity, OWL will be following all recommended CDC guidelines. As guidelines change, OWL will keep all participants up to date with safety protocols.
College Credit: There are optional post graduate credits through Southern Oregon University. Teachers can receive up to 3 credits for the week. The cost is $70 per credit, with a one-time $30 processing fee. Teachers will need to pay with a check or money order in person and course requirements will be distributed at the time of Bootcamp. Please contact [email protected] if you would like more information prior to Bootcamp.
Morning Session: 9am-12:00pm PST
- The morning session includes: Whole Teacher Session (Implementation of Adult SEL), Live demos, and a strategies session.
Lunch: 12:00pm-1:30pm PST
- Lunch will be on your own, an opportunity for networking and further conversations with colleagues.
Afternoon Session: 1:30pm-4:00pm PST
- The afternoon session will include OWL Strategies sessions at implementation level and a large group share out.
*Wednesday will be an altered schedule running from 9am-3:30pm, with a shortened lunch.
Personalized to your Experience
OWL Bootcamp is personalized and scaffolded to fit goals at various levels. There are level-specific strands, based on participants’ previous experience with proficiency and the methodology.
Designed for teachers new to OWL. Whether proficiency is new to you or you have been teaching with proficiency for many years, this strand allows you to explore and examine your current practice, while diving in to proficiency-based, student-directed OWL strategies. Teachers will leave with new techniques and ideas for high student engagement and the ability to create a positive space for language acquisition.
This strand is designed for participants who want to develop systems to support proficiency-based learning. Through further exploration of the strategies & techniques introduced in prior OWL training, we go deeper into how to create a space for acquisition.
Designed for the teacher who is seeking collegiality and support systems, this strand encourages reflection of practice and collaboration of ideas. By discussing the elements of proficiency-based practice, participants utilize effective teacher discourse to move forward in their practice.
To Further Enhance Your Experience
- Participants may take advantage of half hour one-on-one consultations with a member of the OWL facilitation team at an additional $50 per session. Topics can include: school specific dilemmas and challenges, feedback of a previously recorded classroom session, question and answer, and many more! You register for these below.
- Participants can purchase additional OWL Resources to further aid in your implementation of a proficiency-based classroom.
- College Credit: There are optional post graduate credits through Southern Oregon University. $75 fee per unit plus a one time $30 processing fee. Can receive up to 3 credits for the week. (Totals: $105 for 1 credit, $180 for 2 credits, $255 for 3 credits). Teachers pay with a check or money order in person and course requirements will be distributed at the time of Bootcamp. If you would like information prior to Bootcamp, please contact [email protected]
Things to do: TBA
*Please contact [email protected] or call 541-690-8038 with questions on lodging, transportation or any other questions.
We are excited to have you and want to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Pricing is based on a per Tier registration. The earlier you register, the lower the price. The dates for each Tier are listed when you register.
Discounts: Teachers are eligible for one of the following discounts.
We offer a 10% discount to groups of 3-5. There is a 12% discount for groups of 6-9 teachers. There is a 15% discount for groups of 10 or more. The training is highly beneficial to groups and departments, as there is both specific strand and whole group time. Teachers of varying experience levels of OWL will all learn and grow individually and together. There are also extended lunch times everyday where groups can choose to network and/or meet together.
Previous Bootcamp Attendee Discount
Any teacher who has previously attended Bootcamp is eligible for a 10% discount. Please contact us prior to registering to access your discount: [email protected]
Funding Tips & Recommendations
We suggest checking with your school about Title Funds and monies. Our work falls into many different categories and teachers have received funding assistance (partial or full) from Title money. Please contact us if you need specific information from us in order to apply or request funds: [email protected].
We offer payment plans. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested.
Please let us know if you have found a way to receive financial assistance that may be open to other teachers. We would love to make Bootcamp as accessible as possible to all.
Prior to April 30– 75% back
May 1 – May 31– 50% back
June 1 – June 30 -25% back
On or After After July 1 – No Refund
August 5, 2024 - August 9, 2024
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: Milford High School