This Forum is intended for administrators, coordinators, department heads and teacher leaders to create effective systems to coach and support teachers through the upcoming school year. As classroom communities rebuild and heal from the pandemic school year, there are new challenges and obstacles that we face. Through the collaboration, support, practical ideas and specific strategies provided in the Series, administration and leaders will feel confident to work with teachers to create engaging and safe learning environments for students.
Goals include and are not limited to:
- Communicate and coach teachers to incorporate engaging and effective learning practices.
- Utilize effective communication strategies with departments and teachers including effective feedback to teachers.
- Conduct department meetings and build community within a department.
- Create a proficiency-based program and system in partnership with teachers.
- Coach departments and teachers to teach students on an altered learning trajectory due to COVID19.
Times are in Pacific Standard Time.
|1:00 pm -2:00 pm||Experiential presentation facilitated by an experienced OWL Trainer.|
|2:00pm- 2:30 pm||An open, collaborative time for participants to engage with the session’s content.|
- All online materials: printable resource page & collaborative documents.
- Access to a private social network where resources, prompts, and ideas will be shared outside of session hours.
- Access to the Live Webinar with inspiring and informative facilitators.
- A collaborative community with leaders from around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time are the live webinars?
- Check here for your time zone’s appropriate time!
How do I participate in the Online Session?
- OWL uses Zoom to facilitate live webinars. For maximum success, check to make sure your microphone, camera, and volume are working on your computer.
- Questions on how Zoom works? Call us at (857)-293-1706, or email at email@example.com.
If I cannot attend a live session, will I be able to experience the Session?
- Yes! All live webinars will be recorded for your perusal when is convenient for you. Be sure to register with video access.
Coaching Teachers through the Next Transition- May 26, 2021
This session will tackle the big questions schools have been grappling with this season: How do teachers and students create and thrive in the post-pandemic classroom? How do I communicate effective practices to my teachers? How do teachers and departments establish effective systems of communication? Immediate and long term needs of classroom structure will be addressed for the benefit of long term planning as well as collaborative share out of resources.
- How can teachers and students create and thrive in the proficiency-based, and student directed classroom?
- What structures that haven’t existed before need to be created by administration in order to create a successful and collaborative learning experience?
How to Communicate & Coach Proficiency and Standards-Based Practices with a Department- June 9, 2021
One of the biggest stressors we have faced in the pandemic school year is the ability to get through all of the curriculum educators have mapped out for their year. Through the power of proficiency, we can shift our focus from getting through the prescribed units and to a lens of what the student can do with the language. As administrators, this can feel often impossible to foster in a department. We will look at what proficiency looks like and how to communicate and coach proficiency with teachers. An outline and action steps of how to create and develop proficiency based programs will be created.
- How do I create and foster a proficiency-based, standards-based program?
- How do I communicate and foster clear goals with my department?
How to Effectively Coach Social Emotional Learning and Community Engagement- June 23, 2021
The pandemic learning experience- whether remotely or socially distanced- has brought an awareness on the vital need for human connection and social interaction for the classroom to thrive. It has also shown us as coordinators how difficult it can be to maintain that among staff. Together, we will discover and discuss how to use community and engagement strategies through the understanding of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Social Emotional Learning techniques for our teacher communications and interactions.
- How can we use what we have acquired during pandemic learning to heal and grow and to help our teachers accomplish the same?
- How do we foster community engagement?
- How do we have hard conversations?
Developing an Effective Structure and Organization- July 7, 2021
In this nuts and bolts session, we will explore keystone pieces of the OWL methodology: PPATH and the 10-15-5 as methods that can create structure to elicit collaborative output in department settings. Administrators will develop action steps that can be translated into how to create, in partnership with teachers, a proficiency based, student directed structure-remotely or socially distanced.
- How can I create an effective structure for in department experiences?
- How can I give effective feedback?
Curriculum and Instructional Coaching- July 21, 2021
As we look further into an implementation of proficiency and techniques, what strategies will be most effective for student-driven classrooms? How do we communicate that to teachers and develop a positive environment with a growth mindset, for teachers and students? In this session, we will discuss and evaluate what a proficiency-based, student-directed classroom can look like. We will end this collaborative learning experience with action steps and initial plans for schools.
- How can I coach and guide teachers in implementing proficiency based, standards-based, student-driven, curriculum maps?
- May 26, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- June 9, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- June 23, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- July 7, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
- July 21, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Venue: OWL Online- Multi Sessions
OWL hosts live webinars daily using Zoom as our platform. Zoom can be accessed on a computer or mobile app so you may access wherever you may be!
A welcome email with a Zoom link for your specific event will be sent to you within 24 hours of the live event.
Can’t make a live webinar? OWL will be recording all sessions, and will be available 24 hours post session on the Mighty Network.
Questions on Zoom? Connect with us at (541) 690-8038 for additional help!
OWL uses private, social community called Mighty Networks for between session collaboration. This network works both on a computer and via mobile app.
A welcome email with a link to OWL’s private, social will be sent to you within 24 hours of the live event.
Questions on how to set up? Connect with us at (857)-293-1706 for additional help!