One of the biggest stressors we have faced in the pandemic school year is the ability to get through all of the curriculum educators have mapped out for their year. Through the power of proficiency, we can shift our focus from getting through the prescribed units and to a lens of what the student can do with the language. As administrators, this can feel often impossible to foster in a department. We will look at what proficiency looks like and how to communicate and coach proficiency with teachers. An outline and action steps of how to create and develop proficiency based programs will be created.
- How do I create and foster a proficiency-based, standards-based program?
- How do I communicate and foster clear goals with my department?
Times are in Pacific Standard Time.
|1:00 pm -2:00 pm||Experiential presentation facilitated by an experienced OWL Trainer.|
|2:00pm- 2:30 pm||An open, collaborative time for participants to engage with the session’s content.|
- All online materials: printable resource page & collaborative documents.
- Access to the Live Webinar with inspiring and informative facilitators.
- A collaborative community with leaders from around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate in the Online Session?
- OWL uses Zoom to facilitate live webinars. For maximum success, check to make sure your microphone, camera, and volume are working on your computer.
- Questions on how Zoom works? Call us at (857)-293-1706, or email at email@example.com.
If I cannot attend a live session, will I be able to experience the Session?
- Yes! All live webinars will be recorded for your perusal when is convenient for you. Be sure to register with video access.
- July 7, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM
Venue: OWL Online- Single Session
OWL hosts live webinars daily using Zoom as our platform. Zoom can be accessed on a computer or mobile app so you may access wherever you may be!
A welcome email with a Zoom link for your specific event will be sent to you within 24 hours of the live event.
Can’t make a live webinar? OWL records all sessions, and are made available 48 hours post session with a registration that includes access to recorded sessions.
Questions on Zoom? Connect with us at (541) 690-8038 for additional help!