The beginning of the school year is a wonderful opportunity to be able to focus on proficiency and what students CAN do. Taking the time to discuss proficiency and performance with our students in the first language can be crucial to understanding their potential target language growth. In this fifth session in the Back to School Series we will be reviewing the ACTFL levels and sharing effective methods of introducing them to students. A key element to student success and student-directed learning is having students in charge of their own goal setting. We will explore what this looks like and how to frame the conversation with students. Whether this is the first year you are implementing OWL or the fifth, this session will help to guide you in educating and setting goals with your students. Don’t miss this powerful session for you, your department, admin, and students!
- All online materials: printable resource page & collaborative documents.
- Access to the Live Webinar with inspiring and informative facilitators.
- A collaborative community with teachers from around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
What time are the live webinars?
- Check here for your time zone’s appropriate time!
How do I participate in the Online Session?
- OWL uses Zoom to facilitate live webinars. For maximum success, check to make sure your microphone, camera, and volume are working on your computer.
- Questions on how Zoom works? Call us at (857)-293-1706, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I cannot attend a live session, will I be able to experience the Session?
- Yes! All live webinars will be recorded for your perusal when is convenient for you. Be sure to register with video access.
- September 28, 2021
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Venue: OWL Online- Single Session
OWL hosts live webinars daily using Zoom as our platform. Zoom can be accessed on a computer or mobile app so you may access wherever you may be!
A welcome email with a Zoom link for your specific event will be sent to you within 24 hours of the live event.
Can’t make a live webinar? OWL records all sessions, and are made available 48 hours post session with a registration that includes access to recorded sessions.
Questions on Zoom? Connect with us at (541) 690-8038 for additional help!