Kate Friendly-Mares has been teaching at Crater Academy of Health and Public Service for six years. She was part of the original cohort that developed the OWL strategies and techniques. She helped frame the essential questions for research and development and met weekly for over a year as data was collected and lab work was done in classrooms.
Kate’s High Trust Training offers unique and invaluable skills in providing feedback and framing essential questions for teachers to reflect on, while validating and honoring the work they are doing. Her strength is in building a positive and supportive community.
Events this person is involved with:
- OWL 1: Foundations & Application- Global Village Academy
- OWL: Proficiency & Engagement Strategies- Japan
- East Coast Bootcamp 2018
- OWL Online PD: Back to School Series
- OWL Online PD: Teaching Proficiency to Your Students
- OWL Online PD: The "How To" for Creating Student - Driven Curriculum
- OWL Online PD: Running the Circle
- OWL Online PD: Hooks & Transitions
- OWL: Foundations- Murietta, CA
- Midwest Bootcamp: Chicago, IL