See students and teachers in action in this all-day OWL Visitation Days! Participants will spend time in student-centered, proficiency-based classes observing strategies and techniques for a variety of levels. See how movement, pairings and groupings, speaking and literacy are cohesively brought together in one class period. Classes will be in Spanish, however, debriefs will be in English. Since many aspects are so visual, a non-speaking Spanish teacher will still benefit greatly from the experience. Participants will hear from students through a Student Panel.
Pre-reqs: Recommended for all teachers, with or without previous OWL workshop attendance.
- Observe and participate with students and teachers in an authentic environment
- Hear from students about their experiences
- Q&A time and Debrief with the facilitators
- Receive materials to effectively reflect and debrief
- Prior to two weeks: 75% refund
- Two weeks before the workshop: 50% refund
- One week before the workshop: 25%
- Less than one week: No refund
- May 18, 2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: Franklin Pierce High School