Organic World Language and Walking Tree Travel have created an unbelievable educator retreat in Costa Rica! This retreat, designed for all educators, combines the transformative experience of Organic World Language: a dynamic, high-energy training focusing on interactive, hands-on activities with the adventurous spirit of Walking Tree Travel: designed for a community of travelers who seek an authentic, safe, and engaging international experience while providing the opportunity to cultivate positive, sustainable change worldwide.
Educator Retreat participants will experience adventurous mornings in the Costa Rica jungle! Highlights include:
- Trek to a beautiful waterfall deep in the jungle
- Stay in quaint jungle bungalows
- Take private surf lessons from some of Costa Rica’s best surfers
- Hike through the tropical rainforest and learn about local ecosystems
- Discover the gorgeous beaches and world-class national parks of the Pacific coast
Afternoons will be immersed in special training experiences:
- Walking Tree Travel sponsored Global Leadership Training: This engaging curriculum is meant to spark discussion, frame the group’s experience, and prepare participants to travel ethically and effectively on our programs now and into the future. At its core, the first step toward global leadership is developing intercultural competence – “a set of cognitive skills that support effective and appropriate interaction in a variety of cultural contexts”. Our curriculum also encourages participants to take initiative as leaders in their local communities to make a difference on a global scale, helping them to understand the impact they can have when they combine cultural understanding with personal and social responsibility.
- Organic World Language Proficiency and Engagement Strategies Training: This training, designed for teachers of all subjects, is focused on maintaining high student engagement in class, as well as personalizing and differentiated curriculum. Through interactive activities, we will explore what proficiency-based instruction looks and feels like. Participants will experience strategies and techniques that will be applicable to all subjects. There will be time built in to reflect on and plan for their own subject area.
Price: $1490- Includes training, adventures, meals, and lodging. **travel not included**
Register TODAY through Walking Tree Travel! Click here for registration. Or copy and paste this url into your browser: https://walkingtree.org/programs/2019-owl-costa-rica-professional-development/
This experience also offers one optional graduate credit through Southern Oregon University. The cost is $70 for the credit with a $30 registration fee. Teachers can pay separately with a check or money order and course requirements will be distributed during the training.
Questions? Contact OWL Team at email@example.com or 857-293-1706
- July 16, 2019 - July 23, 2019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM