Our 7th Annual OWL Summer Bootcamp is a time to make invaluable connections with other educators across the country, have fun and grow in your practice! We will spend an entire week together sharing our successes and challenges, looking at student work, developing assessment rubrics, conquering ropes course activities together (that can later be used in class!) and having a blast while focusing on student learning and growth.
Dates: Sunday, July 28 2:00-8:00pm, Monday, July 29- Friday, August 2 8:00am -4:00pm daily.
Registration: $900 until March, 2019, $925 until June 28, 2019, $950 until day of Bootcamp.
Discounts: $850 if you have attended a past OWL Bootcamp. $800 if you have attended 3 or more OWL Workshops. (*For discounted price, contact email@example.com)
- OPI Training
- Certificate of Participation for 35 hours of PD
- 3 College Credits (optional, see below for details)
- Delicious lunches, coffee, and light snacks throughout the day
- Basic materials needed for implementation, as well as any materials created during the week
- Appetizer social, which is an excellent time for networking and building relationships with teachers outside of the workshop times
- Collaboration and creation of resources
- Special, interactive share-outs by lead teachers from across the country
- Ropes course for community building
College Credit: Optional credits through Southern Oregon University. $70 per unit. Can receive up to 3 credits for the week. Teachers will need to pay with a check or money order in person and course requirements will be distributed at the time of Bootcamp.
- Sunday: How to Start Day 1 in a 100% Target Language Environment and Appetizer Social
- Monday: ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview Familiarization Workshop with an ACTFL Certified Trainer.
- Tuesday: OWL Nuts & Bolts: Classroom Structure through Circle Strategies and Activities
- Wednesday: Measuring Learning: How Formative Assessments & Student Work Inform the Learning Process
- Thursday: Threads & Progressions: Pulling from Students’ Lives. (Question techniques by ACTFL Level that naturally push students to the next level through student interest)
- Friday: Planning & Unit Design: How to Make it Your Own
- *Most days will include strands that you can choose, based on your experience level with OWL
Times: 2:00 pm-7:00pm on Sunday, 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
Prior to February 8– 75%
February 8 – May 8– 50%
May 9 – May 21 -25%
On or After After May 21 – No Refund
- July 28, 2019
2:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- July 29, 2019 - August 2, 2019
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Venue: Carmel Catholic High School