OWL is thrilled to be a part of ACTFL’s annual Conference!
OWL will have three sessions:
- Bring the OPI to Life in the Classroom! Friday 4:00pm-4:45pm Room 228
Bring the OPI to life in the classroom by creating an effective classroom structure. Through creating personalized, relevant instruction and systems, the classroom itself can be a place where students are creating authentic language, even from the beginning. Come experience hands-on strategies for developing natural spaces for communication.
- Organic World Language – Intermediate to Advanced Strategies Saturday, 8:30 am – 9:20 am Exhibit Halls B & C, Workshop Room #3
- Are you wondering what a student-directed classroom can look like at the intermediate to advanced level? Are you interested in what OWL looks like at upper levels? This session focuses on techniques that will take your students to new language levels through effective, level-appropriate questioning 100% in the target language and the incorporation of authentic literacy. Be part of an interactive, at-level demo and leave with dynamic, proficiency-based strategies that can be used with your students!
- Organic World Language – Novice Level Classroom Strategies Saturday, 3:30 pm – 4:20 pmExhibit Halls B & C, Workshop Room #4
- Are you interested in a student-directed classroom focused on proficiency? Have you heard about OWL and wondered what it is? This interactive, hands-on session will demonstrate how a teacher can create a strong community 100% in the target language, while developing language skills. See a novice level demo in action and get an introduction to dynamic strategies and techniques that will inspire and transform!
Make sure to stop by our booth (# 1145), say hi, and collaborate with us!
More information about the conference and registration can be found here!
- November 16, 2018 - November 18, 2018
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM